Saturday, January 08, 2005

3am

I'm exhausted. I need to sleep but everytime I lie down I'm wide awake. So it's three o'clock on a Saturday morning, I'm working, the nocturnal twins Darren and FM are watching a movie, and I've got a couple of bruises as a result of my rapidly failing coordination.

Why can't I sleep? I tried keeping Weng awake with incessant chatter but I ran out of things to say, so he sang twinkle twinkle in his more-asleep-than-awake state that went sometimes along the lines of

"Twinkle twinkle little starrrnnngh....
How I wonder where you arreeennngh...
Up above the sky so high, why can I still see your eyes...
...This isn't working... "

I felt really bad, so I let him sleep. Topic of the morning: sinusoidal base excitation. Are you feelin' me? Along with a game of Worms - Darren taught FM to play, it largely involved a Team Alpha massacre, and me sitting out most of the game very early on.

Listening to JXL vs. Elvis. I love this song, it never gets old. The gale-force winds outside are the stuff nightmares are made of. Now listening to The wonderful thing about Tiggers...there's line that goes "their tops are made of rubber" - it would have me in fits if I had the energy to laugh. I'm so tired dammit.

No comments: