Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I'm back

You know I've been too busy when I don't even have the time to write.

Presentation is over, finally, and just like I predicted, I pretty much abandoned my carefully prepared prompt cards and legged it through the slides as fast as I could. My voice got steadily croakier as the nerves caught on until it became an inaudible squeak, so I had to stop to breathe. It turned out okay in the end.

I lost my contacts yesterday so Weng had to come and rescue me. Had the worst time walking into doors and travelling up and down in lifts because I couldn't see the number. It was like my worst nightmare - the building didn't want to let me out, or maybe it was because we had just finished a most tortuously long lab.

It looks like my biggest fan's back on the tag board, and being the darling that s/he is has left some more awe-inspiring literature. For someone who's telling me that my new year's resolution should include being a better person, I have yet to see an example. How typical.

I'll be back in a bit.

P.S. Tish, I like your pictures!

No comments: