Monday, January 03, 2005

Last day of the holidays

Oh my goodness. It's taken me the better part of six hours to fill in one internship application form. A good exercise in bullshitting though, I mean I don't know the first thing about investment banking other than that you get to mess around with other people's money and tell them where to stick it, and I had to answer all sorts of questions like "Why have you chosen this field?" and "Why do you think you can bring to the company?"; AND I don't think I'm even eligible because I'm not in my penultimate year. It's all a shot in the dark.

Other than that, some progress on the design project; at least I know what a swing bridge does now, although I don't see how we can come up with a design specification on something I've never ever seen in practice. Can't find an existing example to copy, I mean be inspired by. Google's useless. Swing bridges are a thing of the past, get a teleportation unit.

No comments: