Thursday, January 13, 2005

Mummy

Mothers can really get on your case. My sister texted me to complain - she never calls or texts unless she's really angry or it's super urgent, so I was quite worried when her text came through at 2am. So basically she had a good gripe. It was all I could do to sit there and not laugh; I went through the exact same phase at the same time.

Our mum tends to leave us a lot of chores and then comes home from an afternoon out with her friends to criticize. Then she'll nag us into studying, and then she'll scold us for going out with our friends despite the fact we've been home every afternoon covering for her for the past three weeks or something.

I don't think she's suffering from an evil-stepmother syndrome or anything, I think she nags and scolds because she's feeling more and more left out of our lives. From tutor to cheerleader and now to ATM/driver - her role's been reduced somewhat, in a way, and since she's faced with letting another daughter go off to Uni very soon, she gets even more foul-tempered. I wish I could explain that to Cheryl, but it makes me sound so up my own ass.

Besides, her household cum anger management training really does help when you're living out on your own. Just gotta take it for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cher here.. think dad talked to mom so everything's fine la.. now i just gotat make sure i'm spending time with her cos she's starting to complain she needs to make reservations in order to spend time with me.. to take me shopping for new clothes. Hell just tell me earlier in the day and i'll go. Oh by the way we know you've gotten fat. Mom has her sources. She runs her own CIA.. liek me.. cept mine's confined to Malaysia and maybe Australia la.. but mom's is international. don't mess.