Thursday, January 13, 2005

It's chaos, I tell you

I always need a quiet moment to sit and organize my thoughts. They jostle for attention, like a carp pond at feeding time and all you see are brief silver and gold flashes on the boiling surface. Today's melange goes something like this:

Pringles doesn't help against the 'expanding waistline'. It's so hard to lose weight with my body type - you need to lose a lot just to see a small change, and the first things to shrink are always the breasts +sigh+

Weng's coming up today! I'm so excited! The feeling never gets old and it's harder to see him leave each time.

My sister and mum are still mad at each other. I'm kinda glad I'm here, selfishly of course, because things get very tense when those two hotheads aren't talking...I wish I could fix it though, but unless I use Dad as a go-between, I can't do much.

I'm getting more attached to my Media Player. Never used to be able to stand having music playing in the background when I was working. It kinda makes you want to get up and dance or sing along. Now it makes me feel better.

Itching to play piano or even violin - geez, I hope my strings haven't gone by the time I get back...or that I can still remember how to even play. I miss my piano.

I miss my dog too actually, she's obese, the vet said. 0.7kg overweight - it doesn't sound much, but she's only supposed to weigh about 6kg. Small fat dog - can't jump up on the sofa or on the bed anymore.

I'm cooking a kinda bacon cream fettuccine thing for dinner, courtesy of Rudy. Something Italian for a change. I hope it goes okay.

As of this morning, my Minesweeper record's 207:98 (losses:wins). In my defence though, I must've put away like sixty losses playing Weng before I found out how to play, and another forty as I was getting better. Weng exploits crappy minesweeper players, right Joel?

My lecturer had a baby girl so the afternoon's off. There's a management exam tomorrow, exams in two weeks, and two other deadlines that fall on the last day of papers. I think I have a solid mechanic lab tomorrow, which means another lab report. Oral presentation on Tuesday means I have to absolutely get my stuff together this weekend.

I think I'll have lunch now.

No comments: