Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Laziness is contagious

I win! Came from behind twice to steal victory from right under Weng's nose. He's chickened out and gone to play Rome...

Now that I'm done gloating, I'll talk about my day. A day which confirms my theory that I go to college just to pick up deadlines which are then taken home and panicked over; and yet another day that's seen us ditch Covent Garden a.k.a. January sale massacre plans to laze around at home under the pretense of work.

I did some handwriting analysis thing yesterday and it was creepily accurate (I'm a sucker for personality quizzes), or maybe they're just clever, like the horoscopes - twelve paragraphs of astrological gunk that apparently relates to six billion individuals: "Today you shall meet someone." Then again, maybe we're not as individual as we think, that there are infact only twelve types of people, and that's why governments can keep us under their thumbs like sheep! Sheep I tell you!

Okay, still quite hyper from beating Weng. The game's only worth playing if you like crap talking, and I talk a lot.

Moving on, I actually referred to being sheeplike on one of my applications. I don't know what the consequences will be, and like mixing shots and shots of liquor (or so I've heard), it seemed a good idea at the time, and therefore not such a good idea now.

I've been eating Mingles all afternoon. Mingles is the answer to almost all my wishes concerning mixed chocolates. I'm extremely partial to specific flavours in mixed chocolates, like strawberry, dark chocolate truffles, mint and chocolate, the alcoholic ones, and so on, which generally means that whenever you get a mixed box of chocolate, I'll gravitate towards the above flavours and secretly leech them from the general area of the other crappy flavours. (Tish knows how good I am at this.)

Given how chocolate makers like stuffing their boxes full of the crap flavours that no one eats in the end, I've always wished they'd put out a flavour-specific product. Now that Mingles is nothing but different looking kinds of chocolate with mint, I'm wishing that they'd put out a box of the brown-wrapped ones only.

So this is what posting on sugar is like.

No comments: