Sunday, January 16, 2005

Winding down another weekend

There's the promise of steamboat and the hope of finally getting my technical presentation out of the way. Don't read too much into 'technical' though, because the most complicated word in my presentation is 'alternative' - wow, whaddya know, that's part of the title, "Alternative fuels".

I'm working on prompt cards that I know I'll never use out of complete mind-numbing panic, and ten hours of carefully prepared knowledge will dissolve into nothingness on Tuesday morning. Otherwise things are looking peachy. I've gotta study for progress tests at some point in the next two weeks, while attempt another lab report and two design projects. The anticipation is killing me.

Threw a crankiness-inspired fit today and washed the toilet. Not my toilet either, but it helped. Also cleaned the kitchen, and then took a nap, and was feeling all the better for it afterwards about four hours on.

Have you ever been to Sainsbury's and waited for it to open? They rush past the security guard in that straight-legged pigeon walk that people use in a hurry, and make a grab for a basket taking out three other shoppers in the process. Other more enterprising patrons charge through the crush of bodies with shopping trolleys and handbags. I'm never going early again.

No comments: