Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Only Wednesday. Bugger.

Ewan Harney emailed me back. I decided to contact him last night to say hi and stuff. He's changed so much. I remember him from primary as the one who was always ill, the poor thing suffered from a racking bout of whooping cough, and I also remember him as the very first guy I knew who could cross-stitch, and it was a beautiful Alsatian as well. Funny how things like that stick in your head. He's at Sheffield now, second year bio I think, and on a student committee of sorts - I wouldn't've expected anything less. It's wonderful getting in touch again.

Otherwise I've spent most of the morning zoned out. I tried to design a swing bridge based on a stupid design specification, while everyone else got to do carpark barriers - at least they bloody well exist. Tom was MIA for once, and Greg and Akhari tried their hand at making some pump parts. There's currently about five projects running simultaneously, with at least another being added by Friday. They told me year 2 was shit, and they were right, but now they're telling me year 3 is also shit, just of a different sort. Is there no light at the end of the tunnel?

No comments: