Tuesday, May 24, 2005

And the egg said bugger off

What is it that suddenly makes girls click and say "Oh I can't wait to have children"? I have to say though that this applies to guys as well. Actually, I've heard more guys than girls say, "I want to have children someday" strangely enough.

But what makes them suddenly want to start this whole paternal/maternal groove? Is it the beaming smiles of young mothers walking their offspring home clothed in tiny parkas and every tinier shoes? Or the screams and giggles of children playing make believe in the garden?

I suppose guys can say it more readily than girls because they don't need to pass a watermelon though their anus. They don't ever have to know the pain. But honestly, I don't quite see the appeal in children. Little girls are sweet I guess, but little boys always smell bad, run you ragged, and demand constant attention.

I'm not saying I'll never have any, I'll eventually bow to the pressures of society and my mother and hopefully be blessed with children (2 only please), but it's not something I want with every fibre of my being. I don't want the stretch marks, having to loose the extra weight, the nausea, the swelling ankles, and feeling like a beached whale all the time, not just on fat days.

The only thing that appeals to me about having children is naming them and dressing them up. Yea I know, I should get a doll not a child. And that's true too, I can't even take care of myself much less a child. It would be cruelty to another human being.

I don't understand it, what makes girls want to have babies?

2 comments:

viv said...

haha...3 posts in 2 hours.. way to go!!! i'm ur ardent fan if u hafen realized... =P

and... i'm terrified of the labour pain too. >_< my mum told my sis and i not to have babies if possible. haha...

Ash said...

Haha, thanks viv!