Friday, May 13, 2005

It's like fish and biscuits

One of the things that guys say that really bug me apart from "Hey gurl" is "She's outta my league". Enter: 84% of the male population (and Rudy, the last male to utter that phrase).

Exactly what is "She's outta my league" supposed to mean? How can anyone be out of your league, we're all living breathing humans, we all have likes, dislikes, and a sex drive. If you and her share the same interests and, if given the chance, form an emotional connection like Calvin and Hobbes or Slick and Monique (Sinfest is featuring large in my life at the moment), then you're set; you and her probably just move in different circles and therefore haven't met i.e. been given the chance.

Key word here: Chance. So don't ever say "she's out of my league". Unless she's Denise Keller and your mum makes you wear a paper bag to school. Hey who knows, that could just do it for her.

No comments: