Thursday, May 12, 2005

The eye of the hurricane

The anticipation is killing me, as well as knowing that I'm not going to be any more prepared for these exams come Monday as I am today. Okay, maybe a little, but it's going to be way way way offset by the anxiety that's starting to set in.

I'm freakishly calm right now, missing the sense of panic that's been hovering over my shoulder, or maybe I'm just tired. I'm less stressed about the exams this year than I was last year, it's almost fatalistic. Metaphorically though, it's been raining heavily, we'll just have to see if my dam of lollipopsticks is going to hold up.

Weng's under a different kind of pressure, the group leader kind of pressure when everyone else is more or less happy to write their part and hand it off, leaving it up to you to compile, proof read, and submit the final report.

Iceland sounds incredible. I envy the one who's going whale watching +sigh+ what a treat! It was nice to break from studying and talk to a physical kind of someone, not to an electronic someone miles and miles away.

Did you know: After about six years, one tenth of the weight of your pillow is made up of mites, mite dung, and dead skin cells. A short history of everything satisfies the geek in me like a cosy duvet, a mug of hotchocolate with marshmallows, and poker.

No comments: