Tuesday, May 17, 2005

The low down on the slow down

Oh yes, you knew it before you even started reading, didn't you? I'm at the height of corniness today, which Weng seems to find ultra-amusing (Bless 'im, he laughs at everything I say, makes me feel special).

I'm so bored and studying's the last thing I want to do. No really, there are some days that the primal geek in me takes over and I really want to study. Today's paper was okay, it wasn't as traumatising as yesterday's, but I refuse to say more in fear of jinxing it.

Thursday sees the arrival of the dreaded math paper. Math is intimidating; I blame the fact that I wasn't bred in Singapore for this deepseated fear. It doesn't come second hand to me at all, or third hand or even fourth for that matter. And it's worth a whole damn unit. That's like a lot.

I've finished reading Sinfest, and credit to the cartoonist, the existing archives sustained me a little longer than PvP did. I've also started Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I'm trying to savour it - I'm actually reading every single word, and saving it for when I think I really deserve a break, but the pages are flying by too. (Can you tell I'm very much a work-and-reward type child?)

I told my mum the other day that I was so sick of studying. She didn't react quite the way I expected with a barrage of "We're investing half a million in you!" but it was more like "Oh dear, so how, you have two more years you know". I don't really know what to read into that, but I felt bad anyway and corrected it by saying, "I mean sick of these exams".

We've started leaving little notes in the kitchen with instructions for certain basic chores. It wasn't my idea, honest.

Um, I'm almost embarrassed to say that that's been the most exciting bits of my week so far. Oh, that and having found a Solitaire-Showdow-touchpad-playing buddy in Weng. He says it's to even it up a little. He's pushing my win percentage. Hehe.

No comments: