Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Home is where my dog is

My sister's crap at telling stories, but this is what I've got out of her so far.

My grandma, aunty, and baby cousin went up to visit them in KL for about five days or so, which means Perdy's just come off a very stressful weekend defending her territory and telling herself that we still love her. She definitely does not like Nick and when he makes a move to touch her, she'll grab his hand in a very gentle but firm bite and glare at him. Nick's quite used to being bitten, he lives with three dogs whom he irritates on a daily basis, so he just giggles and walks away (wisely, it has to be said).

Nick's well into the terribles twos or threes and he's usually quite charming but seems to think it's hilarious to hit Grandma. My dad, who's very much a silent figure when it comes to other people's kids, told Nick very sternly not to do that, at which point he shut up, ran behind the chair and hid. My aunty thought it was damn funny and said, "Uh oh Nick, red card liao!" and then Mum promptly went and swept him up in her arms effectively wiping away all trace of any kind of character building that episode instilled. I think Mum's been waiting for years to mess up someone else's children.

Then it was time to say goodbye, and Nick started crying so Mum picked him up and carried him onto the bus, at which point my dog, who was waiting in the car, started crying as well and scrabbled madly at the window whimpering for Mum. Now that Perdy no longer feels threatened by anyone, she's back to her don't-give-a-damn-sleep-all-day mode.

Anyhow, after Cheryl finished talking and I finished beating her in Solitaire, Mum came home and busted her. I thought that was pretty funny. It's so nice to have a sister to chill out with.

No comments: