Tuesday, May 03, 2005

If I close my eyes, maybe it'll go away

Liverpool winning anything is like a drug. It doesn't happen often but when it does, it's an unbelieveable high; and like all drugs, the ensuing low is completely rock bottom.

As I continue to flick through other people's sites, I think I can start generalising:

KL people who've gone to Melbourne to "study" fill their webspaces with pictures more often than not snapped at a club and definitely filled with cleavage/skin/drunkeness, framed with girly rants and hissy fits.

Singaporeans, or maybe just IC Singaporeans fill their spaces with a lot of text. I'm not saying everyone does, because there are some absolutely gorgeous photos out there, but the fun looks a lot 'cleaner' and the writing a lot more thought provoking, as if to fight off the...repression.

Actually, this is all relative and completely un-random so please don't take offence. I jump from page to page via the links on each page, so obviously my pool of study is somewhat limited and the subjects from which I've drawn my conclusions probably all hang out on the same scene anyway.

Exactly like not liking a lot of people: it only seems like you don't like a lot of people because you just happen to know more unlikeable people than likeable ones. It's all relative.

I wonder what the legal stance is on blogs. Do they belong to the international (i.e. American/European) right of free speech? Or are they shot down and shut up by the Governments that abhor free speech because that would be letting the sheep have opinions.

And is bitching on a blog really bitching? It's out there for the targeted person to read, then is it really behind their back? The only technicality is that they haven't come across it yet.

No comments: